Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Introducing, My New Wardrobe



So here it is, the uniform I will proudly sport for the next 2 years of my life.

Please disregard the mess of toys in the lower left hand corner. And my goofy smirk.

I said disregard!



Moving on. I happen to be very fond of the color teal...or is it cerulean...I don't know. I do know that that much of any color is just not good. Or fashionable. And to top it off, we get to wear a nerdy lab coat over top of it. Which reminds me, I don't have a pic in the lab coat.

*stand by*











I realize that the excessive spacing there was unecessary. It took me a long time to take the stupid picture, and I felt I needed to symbolically convey this through my writing. I couldn't find my remote timer, so I had to go in front of the bathroom mirror and do it old school.




No my lens is not dirty. Yes my bathroom mirror is. Yeesh you people don't let me get by with anything do you? And yes, the coat could use a good iron. I'm fully aware I'm not living up to this Domestic Goddess title. That's why I'm still in training. Cut a girl some slack.

I kind of enjoy the lab coat. Even though it is 5 times too big for me. And the manufacturers let me feel questionably comfortable with my body, giving it the ridiculous label of X-Small. Your not fooling anyone Mr. Lab Coat manufacturer. We all know after all the Ben & Jerry's I've been slamming the only thing that feels extra-small are my jeans. Which I think by the way Hubby may have put in the dryer and shrunk. Well that's what I'm blaming it on anyway. I had to do that whole fiasco of lunges and squats in my jeans in order to get them to fit "properly" and not create a thigh forest fire when I walked.

Wow, where were we going with this?


Oh right, so the lab coat. I feel all professional or something. Like a scientist or a physician. Funny, the title nurse doesn't even come to mind. It's funny how a uniform will transform you, and make you feel and act differently. Like when I was in the Army and wore my BDU's. Anytime I had those things on, I just felt compelled to rough someone up. Of course I would have to patch them back up, because I was a medic and that's what medics do. Besides, I'm not the violent type really.


WOW can we stay on task here?



I think I'm finally realizing the reality of this whole nursing thing now. I have to admit, I am feeling a wee bit overwhelmed with it all. In fact, I better stop lolly-gagging and get on with my studying.



Ugh.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Don't you look like such a professional in your nurse gear!! And I am LMAO imagining yu doing the whole lunge and squat to get the jeans to fit better!