Friday, September 26, 2008

K.J. Binkens

I'd like to introduce to you one of my little sisters.



Her name is Kayla...but I like to call her K.J. Binkens. It reminds me of the days on the farm, where our biggest concerns were what was being served for dinner...and what kind of mischief we could possibly get in to before bedtime. It is amazing this girl still talks to me to this day. She was my human guinea pig. She enthusiastically performed any zany off the wall idea I threw her way.

"Hey Kayla, go touch the eletctric fence. It's not turned on today".

"Hey Kayla, sled down this 1/4 mile hill that's practically a sheer drop off, and while your at it dodge 97 cows along the way"

"Hey Kayla...eat this"

I was wrong on more than a million levels, but through it all she remained loyal to her big sisters' request. We've been through a lot. A lot a lot.






This girl is beyond amazing. At 21, she possesses more moral fiber and goodness than my big toe. As her big sister I aspire to be more like her. She is a phenomenal Mom to her son Logan, a fantastic wife, an amazing sister and a loyal friend.










For as long as I can remember, she's spoke of having a big family. She has a huge heart and amazing patience, enough to produce an Army of little chittlin's...and to raise them and nurture them into fine human beings.

Last week, at 21, my sister was basically told that she was not going to be able to have any more children. At that age, how do you take on something that HUGE?! At 25 I can't even begin to wrap my head around it.

I am completely heartbroken for her. I am angry for her. I am at a loss for words. But I know she has the strength of millions, and she will endure.

I love ya girl. Your my hero.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, your post made me all teary-eyed. To see so much love between two sisters...
How sad that she may not be able to have more children :-( Is that her little boy in the pictures? He's adorable. I hope that someday, somehow she will be able to have more.

OK, and I have to say that you two remind me SO much of my girls! Sara ADORES Melissa and would do anything and everything she tells her to do. Sadly Melissa is easily annoyed by her and probably wishes that she didn't have a little sister. I hope that when they're all grown up, they're as close as you and your sister seem to be.

Anonymous said...

Terri,
Words cannot express what this page means to me. Here I am at work, the FRONT DESK crying my little heart out. You are my greatest role model. You are my life. I think God knows that I allready have an over abundance of love in my life, that if I have another bebe, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Thank you for being there for me, even though we are 1030 miles away from eachother! And hey, to this day if you wanted me to touch a fence, I would! Thank you for everything you are.
I Love you sester.

*K.J. Binkens

Anonymous said...

What an awesome tribute to your lil sis! These are great pics.

What a mature, thoughtful person with which you get to share a sisterly bond. Everyone should be so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you 2 are just the CUTEST! I too am teary eyed, from your wonderful post to your sister's comment. Wow. I am so incredibly jealous of the bond you too share. Wow.

Oh a photography note, AWESOME pics girly, you rock!

trish said...

well those gorgeous eyes run in the family dont they? I have always wanted a sister and this whole post it exactly why !!! I will never feel what that is like so thank you Terri for posting this as it gave me a little insight to what I can only dream of.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story! I laughed and cried while reading this, probably because I'm someone's little sister aka Guinee Pig :) How very special that you two share such a bond. I'm glad you treasure it so much. I also consider myself lucky, Kayla is a friend of mine! And she truly has a selfless heart. I'm sure God's plan is for Kayla to be the amazing mother, wife, daughter and sister that she is. She's a Blessing!!

Staci said...

What a sweet post! And man do you 2 look a lot alike!