Friday, January 2, 2009

1/52 Off the Beaten Path



Thanks to an awesome chick who goes by the name of Ashley, I've been invited to take part in a 52 week photography project. Along with several other partners in crime whom I've grown to know and love over the past 3 years, I will be refering to a list of 52 themes for my inspiration. If anyone wants to join in on the journey, you can find the list of themes in my blog role entitled "Chat This Picture of the Week."

This weeks theme was "Free For All"

I was driving home today and saw what I thought was a fire hydrant in the middle of an enormous field. I figured I was seeing things and kept driving. I made it about a block or two before my curiousity demanded that I turn around.

It was a nice little hike and I thought at least a dozen times I was going to encounter some sort of critter who would eagerly gnaw off my flip-flopped feet.

Sure enough, in the middle of this field there was a fire hydrant. Not sure what it's there for and I really don't care, it was placed in an imperfectly perfect spot.
It looks waaaaaaaaay cooler over on my photography blog, seen in it's entirety if ya wanna take a gander:

www.tyoungphotography.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that is a great out of the box shot Terri. Your already off to a super creative start!

Jill Brochard said...

Very cool and I love the pp'ing!

Anonymous said...

Very cool pic! Good luck with your 52!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful subject, comp, and pp. I really love this.

Anonymous said...

cool shot!!!
Dalia

Anonymous said...

love this.. and love the new look to the blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is best example of off the beaten path. Awesome! And the pp is superb!

Anonymous said...

You are to sweet! You know that don't you? I love your off the beaten path picture. You are so much braver than I am walking in that field flip flops.

Anonymous said...

Id love a pic like this for my house, my dh is a firefighter and you did a awesome job on this.
monica